Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Book Club Meeting 2

One of the things I found interesting was his thoughts on standardized testing. I totally agree with his ideas that they are completely bias. For example, one child could be really strong at writing and analyzing essays, and another one could be good at multiple choice. Standardized testing doesn't fully measure your academic ability and I've always thought this, mainly because I am a terrible test-taker, but somehow good with reading and comprehension.

I also thought his ideas on grants for bettering schools were interesting. Grants are granted to schools who reach a certain level of academic achievement, and they are given opportunities to better their schools. But, if a school is in a poor district with a bad school system, how are they supposed to receive grants and better their educations if they never have the abilities to qualify for grants?

1 comment:

  1. Biased- yes that is a perfect word for them. I never thought of using it before.

    NW

    ReplyDelete